Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Midnight with the flu: The mission statement.

I envision that this blog will be a way for me to archive the (mis)adventures I embark on while trying to perfect recipes. The recipes I wrestle with will be in line with my dietary restrictions, so they will all be vegan. I try to limit my sugar intake and cut it out of my diet altogether for weeks at a time. Having been raised by a dietitian, I know how to eat balanced meals... I just don't always have the time/money.

Sin carne will be as much about the process than the end result.

Thus far, the battle to create a base for meat/poultry/fish substitutions and the many variations is underway. The creation of a better cheesecake than what is commercially available in Toronto is also underway. I plan to perfect lasagna and paneer, both of which I have been informally working on for some time.

In the future, I anticipate an epic battle with hard cheeses.

Come along for the ride. It should be pretty neat.

No comments: